DOGINHAUS SERVICE AGREEMENT
This Agreement is made by and between Doginhaus, Inc, a Utah corporation, (“Doginhaus”), and the undersigned owner or guardian (“Owner”) of the pet(s) identified below as (the “Pet”). I acknowledge that this Agreement will apply to each time Doginhaus provides any services for the Pet.
- OWNER I represent that I am the owner and/or authorized guardian of my pet and am fully authorized to enter this Agreement.If I am not the owner of the Pet, then I have full authority and power to sign this Agreement on behalf of the Owner.
- REQUIREMENTS I acknowledge that my pet has meet all of the following requirements: (1) proof of current required vaccinations including Rabies, DHLPP, Bordatella and Canine Influenza for canines and Rabies, FVRCP and FeLV for felines, (2) Pet is in good health for at least 30 days prior to the reservation, (3) is four months or older and spayed or neutered after 8 months, (4) not human or pet aggressive and (4) have completed the Dog or Cat profile. Puppies are required to wait 1 week after their final series of vaccinations have been given before boarding or participating in daycare. Vaccinations that have expired over 2 weeks must wait 48 hours after updating the vaccines before returning to Doginhaus. Exemptions for DHLPP must be recommended by a veterinarian and approved by management in advance. Owner fully understands and acknowledges all risks relating to boarding and that pets are subject to communicable diseases that cannot always be prevented by vaccinations. I understand that Doginhaus does not accept pets that require medical treatment beyond the dispersing of oral and topical medication or have drains or sutures still in place. Pets that have had surgery in the last 30 days must be approved by management prior to arrival. Pets that have been spayed or neutered must wait 7-10 days before returning.
- HEALTH I agree to notify Doginhaus in writing of any pre-existing or current health problem, illness, accident, or exposure to contagious diseases which affect the Pet. If Pet has been exposed to a communicable disease in the last 30 days, I will provide documentation from a veterinarian this has been resolved and Pet is in good health. I acknowledge that Doginhaus employees are not trained in veterinary medicine and not responsible for detecting/ treating illnesses in Pets.
- MEDICAL I understand that In the event medical treatment is needed for the Pet, Doginhaus will use reasonable efforts to contact me at the numbers provided. I acknowledge that in the event Doginhaus is unable to contact me within a reasonable time, determined by Doginhaus, then I give Doginhaus permission to secure emergency veterinary care (including transportation). I grant Doginhaus and its employee’s full authority to make decisions involving such medical treatment of the Pet and I will be solely responsible for the costs of such care. Absent gross negligence or willful misconduct, Doginhaus will not be liable for any loss resulting from the administration of medication approved by Owner to the Pet.
- LODGING I acknowledge that I am responsible to bring the pet’s own food. If food is not provided, then a bag will be purchased and included on the invoice upon departure. Doginhaus will provide clean, comfortable cots and feeding/water bowls for each guest.
- DAYCARE I understand that Doginhaus provides supervised playtime with other dogs. I acknowledge that dogs play with their mouths and paws and it is possible that my Pet may sustain scratches or injuries. I understand that I may not be made aware of these scratches or injuries if they go unnoticed. I also give permission to Doginhaus to use water squirt bottles and muzzles (extreme situations or during grooming) to control the Pet as determined necessary.
- AGGRESSION Doginhaus does not accept dogs that do not socialize with other dogs or pets that are aggressive towards humans. If my dog acts aggressively or exhibits unacceptable behavior, they may be separated from the other dogs. Doginhaus may terminate this Agreement immediately upon notice if, continued care of Pet would present a risk of danger to Doginhaus employee, facilities, customer or other pets. According to the Summit County Animal Control, Ordinance 5-1-16 Section A (Duty to Report Bites) I understand that Doginhaus is responsible to report an animal that bites a person to the division of Animal Control or health department within 24 hours of the bite. The report shall contain the name and address of the parties involved.
- RESERVATIONS I understand that reservations are required for all services rendered.
- CANCELLATIONS A 2-night deposit is required during holiday dates (updated on website) and applied at check out. For a full refund, I understand I need to provide provide 3 (three) days written notice of cancellation or the deposit will be non-refundable. I understand that grooming appointments require 48-hour notice of cancellation in order for the appointment to be rescheduled. I understand that a fee of 40% of the grooming price will be applied to the next visit if I cancel outside of this time.
- FEES I understand that all fees must be paid upon picking up the Pet, provided that Doginhaus may in its discretion, invoice separately for such fees. I understand Doginhaus requires a credit card to be kept on file in order to request services and give Doginhaus permission to charge my credit card for unpaid services and fees. I understand a $15 daycare fee per dog will be charged after 12pm on the day of departure.
- PERSONAL PROPERTY Doginhaus will accept 2 personal items per Pet and/or family. I understand that Doginhaus cannot guarantee personal items will be returned in their original condition and are not responsible for lost items. Rawhides and rubber balls are not accepted.
- COLLARS For safety reasons, personal collars are removed for all daycare dogs. Lodging dogs receive a temporary paper collar with our information listed.
- PHOTO RELEASE I give Doginhaus and its employees authorization to take and use photographs and videos of pet for the publications including but not limited to newsletters, website and social media purposes. I release Doginhaus from any claims arising out of use of the photographs or videos for purpose of publicizing their programs or any lawful purpose.
- WAIVER RELEASE AND INDEMINFICATION I release, waive, indemnify and agree to hold Doginhaus, its owners and employees harmless for any and all manner of damages, injuries, claims, liabilities or expenses, attorney’s fees, cause of action, whatsoever in law or equity, arising out of or related to the services provided by Doginhaus, its owners and employees without limitation any inaccuracy made by myself or information provided by me and of my pet, including but not limited to bites, injuries, transmission of disease or destruction of property.
- ARBITRATION I acknowledge that any dispute between both parties in connection with this Agreement, shall be settled by arbitration in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association.
I HAVE READ AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND UNDERSTAND THAT I WILL GIVE UP MY RIGHTS BY SIGINING IT. I HAVE SIGNED THIS AGREEMENT FREELY AND INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO DOGINHAUS, ITS OWNERS AND EMPLOYEES TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.